Skip to main content

Spring is here :)

The problem with working in an office, is that you miss out on the beautiful sunshine during the day so yesterday after the boy met me from work, we strolled down to our favourite pub and got some lovely food (soup for me, burger for him). We took our time walking back (without any coats on) and marvelled at the beautiful sky, if i'd had my camera with me, so many pictures would have been taken!

Today the weather has been pretty much the same so after a lovely lie-in, we strolled down to our little Morrisons and bought some food for a picnic which we then ate in our local park.
This said park, has a museum (i've blogged about it before) and a new exhibition opened in December about an old nightclub which was frequented by us a lot about 3-4 years ago so this was our obvious destination after eating our lunch!

 photo 010_zpseb97c520.jpg  photo 007_zps7a1afbab.jpg
 photo 016_zps12bb9ad7.jpg  photo 017_zps4f1318eb.jpg  photo 018_zps593ea1eb.jpg  photo 019_zpsc506c562.jpg  photo 021_zps762b6890.jpg

We even shared our first kiss here after not seeing each other for 11 years; so many good memories. We don't go to nightclubs anymore, but if this one opened again, we probably would ;)

I'd also like to share with you, a Victorian style jumper I purchased from ebay earlier in the week

 photo 001_zps0ed74779.jpg  photo jumper_zpsc1c7f9c5.jpg

Its so warm and lovely, definitely got a Victorian vibe going on in my wardrobe at the moment.

Jumper - topshop via ebay (£5)
Skirt - topshop (xmas present)

In regards to my novel, I have allowed the boy's mother and my grandmother to read a sample chapter and their responses have been very positive!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pigeon Detectives

Two gigs in two years is awesome for me! Usually, the bands I like either don't tour or choose ridiculous venues whereby tickets disappear like gold dust, so I was very happy when a) I found out The Pigeons were touring (see what I did there ;)), and b), that they'd chosen the Electric Ballroom in Camden which isn't too far away.



We started the day in The Imperial War museum, as I've wanted to go there for ages, and it was incredible, especially the Holocaust exhibition and the 'Secret War' section. It was so big we didn't have time to see everything, but we'll definitely return at some point.

After that it was time for some food and drink, and of course it had to be a Spoons (The Ice Wharf in Camden to be precise), and it was lovely - sun, wine, lots of happy people (I almost didn't want to leave!) But of course we had to, and at around 7.15p.m we found ourselves in this awesome, dark nightclub drinking cider and beer - eagerly awaiting The Pigeons…

The Last Shadow Puppets

I've been a fan of Mr Alex Turner since I first heard that classic 'I bet you good on the dance floor' aged 15 in 2006, and the rest is history. I own every Monkeys album, even the Submarine soundtrack, and was delighted when Turner formed a side project with Miles Kane in 2007/8. Very different from the Monkeys, The Last Shadow Puppets are still a unique band who use fantastic harmonies, and Turner again proves his skill as a lyricist.
It's such a pity then, that I've never seen the Monkeys... BUT...

I saw the Puppets earlier on in July! And they were amazing.


The venue was also amazing (Alexandra Palace, saw Two Door Cinema Club there in 2013), and holds up to 7,000 people! Built in 1873 (rebuilt in 1875 after a fire), it was The Crystal Palace's rival and was named Alexandra after the then Prince Edward's bride 'Alexandra of Denmark'. A place for recreation, education and entertainment, not much has changed then, in truth!.



I'm hoping that on…

Days Out

Been a mad couple of months so haven't had much time to post! Firstly, I and my husband will be moving to a new flat next month (x-D), been busy with University, and have been writng 1,500-1,900 words most days on my novel about Edward the Martyr and Aethelred the Unready! Its nowhere near finished, but its a very enjoyable process so I kind of don't want it to end!

In regards to days out, we went on our yearly trip to Hadleigh Castle last month:



outfit:
coat - topshop via a blog sale (£20ish)
cardigan - topshop in a sale (£20)
blouse - topshop via a charity shop (£3.99)


And we went for a long to walk Writtle earlier today :)



coat (see first pic)
blouse - topshop via ebay (£4.50)
boots - topshop (£46)
skirt - topshop in a sale (£7)